Sunday, June 24, 2007

Puck Podcast - June 24th, 2007

In this weeks episode we are all over the NHL draft with a complete recap and analysis of the first round as well as insight from FOXSports.com and XM draft expert Shane Malloy. We also talk about the numerous signings and trades that took place in the NHL during the past week, we tell you which NHL players helped save a mans life, which players are off the hook from legal trouble and we discuss ways to improve the draft and a common mistake made every year in the draft. We also check in with our correspondent in Nashville to discuss the ever-changing ownership situation as well as our correspondent in Ottawa to talk about the changes in their front office. All that and even more in this episode of the Puck Podcast.



You can also check us out on iTunes or FOXSports.com by searching for "Puck Podcast". And, you can check out Doug’s Ducks blog on Hockeybuzz.com by clicking here. We're also on MySpace - click here. Now – you can also call us and leave us a message on the Puck Podcast Hotline at (562)951-1343.

7 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Great podcast. It was the first one I was able to listen to completely and I'm definitely a fan!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger DaveCaz said...

Orange jerseys for the Caps??? When is the last time you looked at the flag of the U.S.? RED, white, and blue. Sorry your computer or local paper doesn't represent CAPS red very well. They look fine going back to their original design. Great new training complex in Arlington, VA too! Like the podcast but it's not orange!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger (U)SA 2010 said...

Alright, Doug.... lay it on me: Tim Brent?

Should I even care?

The Pens didn't tender an offer to Michel Ouellet. Tim Brent is staying on the roster. I'm not happy about it. I understand why they did it, mostly to make room for Jonathan Filewich. But I wanna know if Tim Brent is even a factor at this point.d

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger (U)SA 2010 said...

You know, especially since we have 500 centers in the system and Ouellet has a nasty shot and shows good ability on the powerplay.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger hockeyfan said...

The new Caps jerseys looked orange to me,too, when I was watching the draft Friday night. However, when I checked the Yahoo NHL photos the next morning, I realized they were red. I for one, really like the look! I thought the old jerseys were too busy looking and not instantly recognizable to the casual fan. I guess I'm too old-school, because I really liked the throwbacks that Vancouver used this year

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger hockeyfan said...

The podcasts have been great! I just discovered the link on FOX last week, downloaded the entire season and have been listening to them mostly in order to feed my hockey hunger through the off-season. In one of your earlier podcasts, you guys discussed the "fan of a team" vs. "hockey fan" question. I found that interesting, because I re-aquainted myself with the sport last year (I'd been a fan as a kid) by becoming a Sabres fan (their farm team is located in my hometown)and when more games were being shown on VS, I became interested in more teams and players. Now, I'm an avid Hockey News reader, website visitor, podcast subscriber etc. So I've morphed into the "hockey fan" group. I hope more people do that!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Doogie2K said...

The new Caps sweaters are definitely *not* orange. Every photo I've seen, save the original leak, which suffered obvious image-quality problems, were a vivid red. Many photos are linked by Uni Watch, as well as a tidbit there that, like the Habs, the Caps will wear blue helmets with their red sweaters, and links to other unveiled/leaked sweaters (The Isles' one makes baby Jesus cry).

Jason in Calgary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home